We are working in agriculture to create healthy, sustainable development opportunities through partnerships.
Foster environmentally friendly, community-based sustained agricultural development
- Dignity and Respect
We work in agriculture, education and governance to create healthy development opportunities through partnerships. Our passion is working with farmers, rural communities, women and youth in a multi-partner approach to establish strong partnership in various industries. This could bear opportunities to help contribute to sustainable development goals in the countries where we have our implementing projects and programs.
At least, we have successfully met the extra-ordinary results and milestones/project outcomes from the Jumpstarting OFSP project. Many scientific publications came out of this project. We also contributed to more results from other projects such as USAID-OFDA in Malawi, Ghana and Burkina Faso on Sand Storage innovation package of technologies comprising good agricultural practices, sand storage technique and sweetpotato multiplication for climate uncertainty. Furthermore, the Irish Aid funded project for OFSP in Malawi (Oct 2009 – Sep 2014) where Irish Aid opened their heart and eyes to help more people improving the health and wealth in Mozambique, Ethiopia, and Sierra Leone through other organisation leading their OFSP projects.
It is now the correct moment for us to work through our non-profit NGO. We will continue with what we have already made, a great foundation from our previous hands through the CGIAR-CIP funded projects from which Ted Carey and Erna Abidin developed their real impacts as well as seen clearly and countless. We want to move forwards for Scaling it out.
Meet the Team
A. The Board members of Directors for Reputed Agriculture 4 Development Stichting registered in The Netherlands
CFO/Director Research for Development
Secretary Board of Directors
Advisory Board of Directors
B. The Executive Council Directors for Reputed Agriculture 4 Development Foundation in other countries:
- Dr. Putri E Abidin: Founder/CEO
- Prof. Edward E Carey: Director of Research for Development
- Mr. Emmanuel Darkey: Director for Partnership (GHANA)
- Mrs. Puti Draga Rangkuti MBA: Ex-Officio for the Foundation (INDONESIA)
C. Outstanding Career of each Board/Executive Council Member
Dr. Putri Ernawati Abidin (Erna Abidin)
- Founder/CEO of Reputed Agriculture for Development (2019 – to-date)
- Project leader, manager, supervisor: (1984 – 2018) in Indonesia, Uganda, Malawi, Ghana, Burkina Faso and Nigeria
- Researcher/program designer based on local knowledge, applied research (1998 – 2018)
- Peer Reviewer for international journals (2004 – 2019)
- Educator/trainer/curriculum development speciality (1978 – 2018)
- Author for peer reviewed journal, books, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, educational videos, brochures & protocol (1994 – 2018)
- Project proposal writer and mobilising potential donors (1984 – 2018)
- Living and/or work: Indonesia, The Netherlands, Mozambique, Uganda, USA, Malawi, Ghana, Burkina Faso, and Nigeria. Born and with first career at the Ministry of Agriculture of Indonesia for 12 years; and she was an Indonesian nationality. Currently she is having a Netherland nationality and her permanent residence is in The Netherlands.
- Graduated from Bogor Agricultural University in Indonesia for first degree as called as Ir; and from Wageningen University, The Netherlands for Master and PhD degrees.
- Links to follow her activities, IEC videos and major publications: (i) at Google Scholar Citations; (ii) at ResearchGate Network; (iii) at Twitter; CIP twitter; (iv) at Youtube; (v) at CIP-Blogs: and CIP-Blog and CIP-Blog, etc.; (vi) and then at RTB-Blog, etc.; (vii) at the link about School Feeding Program in Nigeria; (viii) at The Netherlands AgriFocus link: ‘All you want to know about OFSP‘; (ix) at SecureNutrition link of the ‘Rooting out Hunger’ project with Nutritious OFSP in Malawi; (x) at Ghana Web on Ghana School Feeding Program pilot project in Kumbungu: inclusion of OFSP in the meals; and (xi) at LinkedIn
Prof. Dr. Edward E. Carey (Ted Carey)
- Prof. (emeritus) for Kansas State University Kansas (1999-2010)
- Regional sweetpotato breeder for Sub-Sahara Africa (1993-1999 & 2010-2019)
- Sweetpotato breeder – CIP Lima, Peru (1988-1993)
- Cassava breeder – CIAT Cali, Colombia (1985-1988)
- Reviewer and author for peer journal articles (1980 – to-date)
- Project proposal writer (1993 – to-date)
- Lived or worked in USA, Colombia, Peru, Kenya, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Nigeria
- Link to follow as major publications at Google Scholar
Ms. Marjolein Ebregt BA (Putri Marjolein Ebregt)
- Leiden University Student Consultant for Rainforest Alliance on deforestation-free supply chains
- Currently studying at Leiden University, The Haque; Bachelor in International Studies, International Relations, Cultural Studies and African Studies are of interests.
- Link to follow, for more information at LinkedIn
Prof. Dr. Rudy Rabbinge
- University Professor Emeritus in Sustainable Development and Food Security at Wageningen University in The Netherlands.
- He was the chair of the Inter-Academy Panel on Food Security and Agricultural Productivity in Africa and member of the Board of Directors of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA).
- He served in different responsibilities in Academia and cooperative private companies and in politics.
- At present he functions as a Special Envoy for Food Security in The Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs and Foreign Affairs.
- He holds degrees and philosophy of science from Wageningen University.
- Link to follow for more information: https://www.wur.nl/en/Persons/Rudy-prof.dr.ir.-R-Rudy-Rabbinge.htm
Mr. Emmanuel K. Darkey
- CEO for E-Darkey and Associates Ltd.
- Member of Executive Council for ReputedAgric4Dev Foundation in Ghana
Mrs. Puti Draga Rangkuti MBA
- Founder for Fajar Hidayah Foundation in Indonesia
- Graduated from Philippine School of Business Administration in Accounting Major. Complicated MBA program at De La Salle University, Manila, The Philippines.
- Currently pursuing Doctoral Degree in Management Strategy at University of Indonesia.
- Having experiences in banking, automotive and construction industries
- Link to follow, for more information, click here
Please visit the following pages for more information about our (1) NGO Entity; (2) Financial Statement and Report as public benefits in The Netherlands namely ‘Stichting’ and in Ghana Foundation and Limited; (3) Narrative Report; (4) our blogs on Sweetpotato Multiplication and (5) Nutritious Gari.